The mission of Freshman Academy is to create a successful transition through positive relationships, student responsibility and academic rigor. In order to fulfill that mission, Canton High School maintains the following expectations of Freshman Academy students:
• Maintain regular, punctual attendance.
• Bring all necessary materials and supplies to class everyday.
• Complete all assignments and return them to the appropriate teacher.
• Make up work after an absence and will submit them to their teachers in a timely manner.
• Students will be held accountable for all negative and inappropriate behavior.
Students are required to use their student handbook to record the following:
• Class assignments
• Freshman Academy activities and other CHS events
• Detentions or other disciplinary consequences
***Parent and teacher signatures in student handbooks will be implemented on an as needed basis.
Student Homework Philosophy and Expectations
In effort to maintain student academic rigor, homework is assigned by teachers. Students are expected to complete their homework and submit it to the appropriate teacher. Homework is not a punishment but rather a necessary part of the learning processes. Every effort will be made to assist students with their homework and with the establishment of good study habits.
Students who do not meet the homework expectations:
• Will be assigned a homework detention
• Will have a parent contact after 3 missing assignments