Canton High school
Device loan Agreement
A Chromebook laptop used in the 1:1 Initiative at Canton High School will be allowed to go home with the student under the following conditions:
1. This computer loan agreement, which is signed by the parent/guardian, will be kept on file at the school for the term of 1 school year.
2. Use of this equipment for any purpose other than educational use during the school day may result in the loss of laptop privileges and potential discipline infractions.
3. The district does not permit unethical use of the Internet or email on or off campus. Violation of this policy may result in the loss of laptop loan privileges and disciplinary action by the school.
4. The configuration of the hardware equipment and all accompanying software may not be altered, nor can software be copied to or from the computer or installed under any circumstances.
5. Parents/guardians accept full financial responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to the computer by their child while in their child's possession during the current school year. The cost of the repair or the replacement of this equipment caused by neglect, careless handling or improper care is also the parent/guardian's responsibility. If the laptop is damaged beyond repair due to any type of neglect, the parent/guardian will be responsible for paying for the replacement or repair costs in order to attain a replacement laptop otherwise the student must keep a loaner laptop in the office each night and loses the privilege of taking a laptop home. The student is still responsible for homework assignments even if they have their laptop privileges revoked. The parent/guardian also agrees to pay the total replacement cost of the laptop in the case of intentional vandalism.
6. Students must bring the laptop that has been loaned during the 1:1 initiative to school each day. The laptop, which is the property of Canton CUSD #66, must be returned prior to the end of the current school year in the condition it was given to the student.
7. Please read the student laptop expectations so that you are aware of the expectations of your student.
During registration you will fill out a form to either grant or waive permission for the device to come home, if you need a printed version please call the school.
IF you grant permission for your student to take his/her laptop off campus please remember:
IF you waive off-campus privileges: